The art of manifesting may have seemed like a witchcraft, a taboo practice perhaps reserved to a kooky magician in a black cape or a witch quietly brewing her magic potion in a huge cauldron. It may even invoke a sense of fear if you consider it a closed society practice taught by few to their carefully selected apprentices.
Yet, today it is a buzzword so widely and flamboyantly used in media. Not only this, it seems to attract quite a following, judging just by the amount of books that are selling the secrets to improving our life by applying the art of manifestation. It’s this New Agey thing and the most fundamental basic law of the Universe. Even so, it is widely misunderstood and requires some examination.
I have unknowingly practiced the art of manifestation in my younger years albeit without realizing what I was doing. Here the adage “Be careful what you wish for” takes on a real life meaning. I am sure many of you have done exact same thing, wished for something so much it came true only later to realize it wasn’t really that good. I clearly remember in my early twenties I had wished to have my own small apartment and a dog. Guess what, I got it 4 years later as a result of an abrupt divorce and even though I loved my apartment I didn’t like the fact that I was so alone in it and my only companion was my Saint Bernard. Similarly, I wished for some smaller things that came to my life too late or not exactly in a way I wished for.
That was in my twenties… Now, later in my life I have come to better understand the principle of the art of manifestation.
Here are some ground rules:
1. Find out what it is that you really want. Make sure this will make you happy. Look at it from as many angles as possible. Imagine unknown factors that can influence your wish. Take into consideration if your wish is a positive force that will benefit others as well rather than make them miserable.
2. Now once you chose your wish, you need to focus all your thoughts on it. This is your intention. Imagine it, dream it and breathe it. Meditate on it.
3. Talk about it, as words are an incredible energy, too. They are a vibration. Write it down. When I had my wish I chose to write it down with a stick on the sand at the beach and wait for the wave to erase it. I wrote it with a chalk on the concrete and with a pebble in the dirt. I spoke my words to the wind. Putting your wish outside your body, vocalizing it gives it additional energy. Meditate on it. Sing it. Remember to use positive words like “I will,” “I can” instead “I don’t want” or “Never…”
4. Believe in it. KNOW it will happen. Don’t just hope. You need to truly believe in it and know. In other words, if you chose to have doubts you will be sending a mixed message to the Universe and it will slow down the manifestation of your wish or cancel it. I know it is hard sometimes to be always positive and I have had my moments of doubt, too. I recall times when at night I would be starring at the ceiling above my head and wondering “What if my wish is too selfish” or “Perhaps the Universe has something else in store for me.” Yet these were just few instances and overall I knew deep in my heart it would come true.
5. Let it go. As hard and absurd as it sounds it is really how it should be done. You can still keep it inside your heart and whisper it to the wind but by letting go you allow your anxiety for a particular outcome go away. It means you need to stay committed to your wish but while doing so you relax and don’t obsess about how, when and where it will manifest. If you choose to let it go you don’t need to run all these possible scenarios in your head. Remember that your mind knows its limits while Universe doesn’t. You may not be able to envision the way your wish is to come to life because you have not seen the vast expanse of the Universe and all the options that are available. Once you stop worrying about it you will allow the Universe to work its magic.
It works. Sometimes it takes longer and many people give up after trying for only a little while. One particular wish of mine took me 18 months to take shape. From the moment I conceptualized it to the moment I could see it happening was a long way. Yet, every morning and every minute of those 18 months I knew it was going to happen. I prayed and I thanked the Universe for it even before my wish was granted.